Sunday, February 27, 2011

we're goin' to party..

cause its my birthday.
YES YES YES! I'm finally 19. The dumb thing I realized though is that it doesn't matter that I'm 19, I can still do the same old stuff I did when I was 18. Whooopie! Oh age is just but a number when you turn 18. (Atleast that's how I feel.)

I woke up on Friday and just didn't feel any different. My brain started running all over the place just thinking about everything I needed to do before I went to my 8 o'clock math class. I was actually contemplating not even going and just emailing my teacher to tell him I didn't go to class cause it was my birthday. But, then I realized how foolish I was being and decided that I need to be a big girl and put my big girl panties on and go to class.

So, I hopped right out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom to start doing my normal routines when I found the following on my mirror:

For those of you who can't read it this is what it says: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEX! Okay.. So here's the deal.. Yes it's true.. I decided to write you a sappy love poem for your B-Day. So check it.. there are 6 stanzas to the poem, and you've got to find them all (6) throughout your entire day and peice those puppies together! Good Luck! And Happy Birthday! Love Nathan.

That would be when I realized that the day wasn't going to be like any other day. It was my special day that I got once a year! I got really excited and I really couldn't stop smiling! Every note came with a purple tulip which are my favorite flowers! I was thoroughly impressed that he had remembered.

Anyways, I'm getting ready to walk out the door and my roommate Shantae tells me to check the fridge. I was thinking like really you know I'm about to walk out and I'm running late already! But I'm glad I did go look! This is what I found:


It was a little Justin Bieber bear that was holding a tulip and the next stanza to the poem. That's when I really got excited for the rest of the stanza's. The poem just kept getting cuter and cuter!

So, I go to my math class completely just ready to be done with school so that I could see Nathan and just spend the rest of the day with him. I go to English and it was canceled. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! (I hate my English class) Then I have Anthropology and I'm just getting really ancy to get my next notes which is funny cause in walks Nathan's friend Bryce with a purple tulip and the next stanza! Man, was I smiling! Then in walks Jamie with another one! I got two in one class period! I read the next stanza's and I couldn't wait to get the next notes so I could read the whole note. I honestly was just anxious to get out of that class so I could go to lunch and finally see Nathan! I really needed to start thanking him for everything!


Well, I finally get out of class and get to see Nathan. We go home and he made me mac and cheese and hot dogs for lunch which was yummy! For some reason I needed to go into my room and when I did, my bed was made and there were balloons and gifts with other thoughtful cute notes!

This Cinderella coloring book had a tulip and a note on it that said: "I promised we would color in a coloring book sometime right? Well, what better day than your B-DAY! We'll do it tonight :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Cute huh?!

Then he got me a new Justin Bieber poster and the book the Hunger Games. I was really excited! He is so cute! I also found the fifth and sixth stanza for the poem. The poem was so cute!

Then the rest of the day was really simple. We watched 24, went on a run, ate french toast, went to an institute activity, he played guitar for me, watcher more 24, and went to bed. I wouldn't have asked for a better birthday though!

Thank you, Nathan. I love my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment