Friday, February 25, 2011

President's Day Weekend. A three day weekend means what?

IT MEANS NO MORE STRESSING ABOUT SCHOOL!

What a perfect weekend, break, stress reliever ever! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!! Nathan and I decided that it would be nice to meet each others parents so, we did just that! Friday after school we packed up his cute little Ford five seater hatchback Focus and were on our way to Mesa to stay with my family for a bit.

Friday night, Nathan and I had our own little date night. It was so fun! We went to AMC and saw the movie UNKNOWN. I didnt feel very well during the movie, which resulted in me falling asleep during a part of it, but the movie really was a five star fantastic movie! I would recommend it in a heart beat to anyone.

Saturday. We woke up and got on our way to go get Nathan's oil changed but, the place we were going wasn't open. You would think on a Saturday that they would be open, come on! Luckily, it wasn't a big deal that we didn't get it done. We ended up heading over to his grandparents house and they gave all of this yummy citrus. There is enough at my apartment to last for a very long time! Nathan's grandparents love politics so that's all they were talking about! But that's perfectly fine especially since that's what I'm majoring in. Then we went and met up with my family, Ashley, and her kids to go out to eat for my birthday! We went to Macaroni Grill. Man oh man was the food delicious! Such a fun time with the family!

Later Saturday, we went to Ross and Target to go shopping! I got Nathan's birthday present, some really cute shoes, and a shirt. Such a fun time! We then went to Barnes and Noble and I grabbed the bood "The Hunger Games" to read while Nathan caught up on some homework. We were there for a little over three hours and I think I can speak for the both of us by saying it was the most relaxing time.

Sunday. Nathan and I packed up the car and headed to church with my family. We just stayed for Sacrament but I was very happy to be sitting in that second row at church with my family again. I missed them so much. We said our goodbye's and headed out to Phoenix to spend the rest of our Sunday with Nathan's family. The first thing that I met when we arrived was his families dogs. They are so adorable! They have a mut called Pepe. He is a black and white really small dog but, he is super smart. Their family also has a pug named Abby. She is the only girl in their family so, of course she is the princess of the family! We then went to church with his brother Daniel. They have a huge ward! It was a really good Sacrament meeting. Nathan's parents then came home and we had a delicious dinner with them! The rest of the day was just spent talking with their family and we watched this tv show called Murlin. Nathan and I then stayed up for a while and talked. I won't lie, I didn't think the weekend good get any better then it already had been!

Monday. I finally got to sleep in a little longer then the rest of the weekend. It was very nice to sleep in Nathan's temper pudic bed. (Sorry for making you sleep on the couch babe!) I really dreaded going back to Thatcher and going back to my twin box spring mattress after that! We got ready and headed out with his family to go celebrate his birthday at PF CHANGS. I loved PF Changs. The food was amazing! It was really fun just talking, eating, and watching how his family interacts with each other. The Smith family is such an awesome family! Nathan and I then packed up the car to head out to go back to school but, we didn't forget to go shopping of course! We took a detour to the local Old Navy and had a blast picking out a new outfit. Who doesn't love clothes?!

The weekend as you can see was non-stop go go go but what an amazing blessing it was to get a break from school! I'm so grateful for my family and the Smith family! I really am lovin life no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Lex, I am so happy you are having so much fun. It was fun to read this and know that you are doing so well. I am glad you have met a nice guy to have fun with too! Bring him up to UT to visit!!!
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete