Friday, February 25, 2011

Nathan Smith was born on February 23..


1989.


I don't know if anything significant happened that year except the fact Nathan was born!

The day started out as a dreary cold day, which really is all Thatcher seems to be having lately. I hurried and got ready for my dreadful eight o'clock class. I was really ready for school to be done so I could start on all of my little surprises for Nathan. I started out in the morning by just leaving a simple note on his car that said happy birthday!

We had Book of Mormon so of course I had to slip and tell people it was his birthday! You have to let people know it's someone's special day or else you are unamerican.

Lunch time came around and we had his favorite, the classic grilled cheese sandwhich with some good ole tomatoe soup. We also watched 24, a tv series, which has started to become a lunch/ dinner time ritual. It was a good lunch!

We had Spanish and yes I did the American thing and let the class know it was his birthday. So our teacher announced instead of us singing to him, he had to sing to us in Romanian. (Nathan went to Romania on his mission and he just recently got back in October of 2010.) I love hearing him speak and sing Romanian!

After Spanish, I went home while he went to his next class. Oh boy did I have a blast! Nathan lives in the trailers across the street from my apartment and out from of his trailer there is this cement slab/sidewalk. So, I decided to chalk it on up! This was the end product:



I loved doing this! It was so much fun! I then made these really cute signs that I sat on his bed with his gift! I got him this really handsome purple ash wash hoodie and a grey v-neck. Oh and I also put balloons on his bed! It was fun!

We went to the Clont's house for dinner and they gave him a gift card which he loved! I made him his favorite cake funfetti with my mom's yummy cream cheese frosting. It was a hit! I invited his friends over and we sang and ate yummy cake! It was fun!

The last surprise of the night was just going to the temple and looking at the stars. We had fun just spending time with each other.

Nathan is such a blessing in my life. He continually makes me want to become a better person just by his example that he sets for me everyday. I'm so grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder and that he is able to give me blessings at anytime! I'm so blessed to have him! I really love having him in my life!

And of course, I'm lovin life no matter what :)

No comments:

Post a Comment