Sunday, March 20, 2011

Anger is not an expression of strength..

Anger is not an expression of strength. It si an indication of one's inablility to control his thought, words, his emotions...when the weakness of anger takes over, the strength of reason leaves.
-Gordon B. Hinckley
This week (man) was not a good one at all.
Do you know how hard it is to get over heartbreak? It hasnt even been a full week and I have cried so much, lost a bunch of sleep, haven't been eating, and my personal hygine levels have dramatically changed. But you know what, life goes on. I care the world for that boy still and if I had my choice I wouldn't change the week for anything.
It really is my fault. I am an awfully contentious person. I am such a weak person. I really have so much growing up to do. It sucks to admit that I don't have hardly any strength. I am someone that lets my pride take over everything.
I was talking to a friend and he gave me some suggestions on how to not be prideful. So, my goal is to not be prideful, to serve others. So, I'm going to atleast one act of service a day and blog about it. Maybe you'll even get a picture of the service!
I got to go home to Mesa. I'm finally able to see them. It's spring break for me and I was suppose to stay in Thatcher and find a job but, I would have sat and wallowed in self pitty.
I am loving life no matter what though.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the quote from Gordon B. Hinckley! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lex, I sure love you girlie! I know you are having to make some tough decisions right now and that life is pretty confusing. I know you are up to the challenge though. You have amazing parents who have taught you well and you are a smart girl. Hang in there and keep that beautiful smile on your face. Love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Being friendly and happy is a lot of hard work! and I love your optimism. And I'm sorry about your heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete